Sunday, January 15, 2012

Local Workout Classes

...they're simply the best!  If you make a New Years Resolution that has to do with health or weight-loss, I recommend that you join a local class.  We all know that intrinsic motivation only lasts so long after the New Year, but if you sign up and pay for a class or find some friends to join with you, you're no longer your only motivation!  And, it's part of your schedule.  Not to mention that some of these classes can be loads of fun too!

Thanks to Sarah, I went to a Zumba class in the next town over.  I knew I liked Zumba (thanks to Molly!!), but hadn't looked into taking a class this year--although I knew it was the best way!  I have it on the Wii, but if I don't have to do it, I don't make the time.  SO, we went to Zumba, (first class free!).  And it was just OKAY.  My hips and my legs and my arms don't move so well all together :)  I left feeling good because I worked out, but frustrated because I looked like a fool, not to mention the front wall is a mirror!!

NOW, the saving grace to this at this point was that Audrey, a teacher from school, was also at Zumba!  Who knew!!  She had taken a one hour aerobics class right before Zumba.  I figured I'd try that next time...there's still music, a beat, and a good work out!  And it's only $2 a class!

Longer story short, I went to Aerobics the next class not totally planning to stay for Zumba, but then I was so warmed up and Sarah and Audrey were staying, so why not!  I'll try again!  I am GLAD that I did!  Day 2 was so much better!

Now, twice a week I'm doing Aerobics and Zumba back to back...2 hours straight :)  One hour of toning and then one hour of cardio!  I would love to run on the days off, but this snow all of a sudden isn't helping my cause.  If I wait a few days, I'm sure it will melt, only to come back a few days later, but at least I might be able to get a run in!!

OH and ps--my fitness schedule has inspired my hubby a little bit as well--he has taken the dog running once or twice and feels the pain! :)  We're also trying to eat better, which always helps!

GO JOIN A CLASS!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment